President-Elect - Currently Open
This individual must have previously served at least one year on the WSBEA Board. The President-Elect is responsible for the following:
- Chair the annual conference, with assistance from the President and other board members
- Preparing the annual budget for the organization
- Attend WSBEA Board meetings (2 face-to-face and 2 virtual meetings)
- Attend the WBEA (February) and NBEA (March) conferences
- Become the nominee for President
Membership Director - Opening Soon
Our members are the most important part of our organization! The WSBEA Membership Director is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining the membership list. It is currently an Access database, but it could be managed differently. This includes sending renewal reminders.
- Managing the membership checking account. Most dues come through conference registration and WAACTE. Forwarding dues to NBEA, FBLA, and WAACTE.
- Working with the board on recruitment efforts.
- Serving on the WSBEA Board as a voting member (membership report, two physical meetings and three to four online meetings annually)
- Serving on the NBEA Membership Committee (brief quarterly reports and online meetings about twice each year). Attending WBEA and NBEA (if possible).
- Serving on the WA-ACTE Awards and Membership Committee (meets about four times each year, mostly online)
Communications Director - Opening August 2019
Keep our members informed! It's simple & easy to do! The WSBEA Communications Director is responsible for the following:
- Create email blasts for members using MailChimp (super easy drag-and-drop email creator!)
- Update the website using Weebly
- Get information from board members for email blasts & the website
- Serving on the WSBEA Board as a voting member (two physical meetings & two virtual meetings online per year)
West Area Representative - Currently Open
Each area rep is responsible for bringing a different perspective to the board that generally represents the teachers from their region. An area rep can decide to join additional committees or assist with any projects throughout the year, such as assisting with the annual conference, researching a topic, etc.